Robert is 60 years of age and he is looking for a Team Leader to lead his team, supporting him to move to his new bungalow in Williton, Somerset and build a new life.
Robert is registered blind and has a learning disability which means he requires support in understanding the world around him. Robert needs a Team Leader that can lead his team in supporting him well and bring colour and excitement to his life.
- Position: Team Leader
- Location: Williton
- Salary: £18,540 per annum (pro rata) £19,430 after 6 month probation
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
- Benefits include: 7 week’s leave per annum, 5-day induction course, career development opportunities, excellent training programme
- Closing Date: 4th January 2019
- Ref/Code: KS/AMc
Notes: ** This position has a "genuine occupational requirement" covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from males are requested **
**Drivers Essential. Some Waking Nights may be required **
Robert has a great love of music, rhythm and cars. He has a good sense of humour and is fun to be with, however he can be fearful of new experiences and needs people that can help him work through this so he feels safe but keeps active.
As a Team Leader you will need to be a good listener and have excellent communication skills. You should be someone who can work well with family and other professionals to ensure that Robert’s needs are met.
Robert is part of a close loving family who are fully involved in his life. Robert’s sister will be supporting the new team in coming to know him and will work closely with the Team Leader to develop Robert’s life opportunities.
Ideally you will:
- Have leadership experience
- Have good organisational skills and ensure consistency
- Be able to motivate a team and create new ideas
- Be able to bring the best out in people
- Have good computer and IT skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work shifts including some weekends and public holidays
- Be able to demonstrate confidence
- Have a driving licence
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.