Robert is looking for night support workers to join his team to support him in his move and new life in his bungalow in Williton.
Robert is blind and has a learning disability which means he requires support in understanding the world round about him. Robert needs people to support him that can be his eyes and who understand the impact of his disabilities on his well-being.
- Position: Night Support Workers
- Location: Williton
- Salary: £8.50 per hour
- Hours: Up to Full Time Hours
- Contract Type: Permanent/Part time/Casual
- Benefits Include: 35 days annual leave (pro rata) 5 day induction programme, career development opportunities
- Closing Date: 4th January 2019
- Ref Code: KS/AMC
Notes: This position has a "genuine occupational requirement" covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from males are requested.
Robert has a great love of music, rhythm and cars. He has a great sense of humour and is fun to be with. He can be fearful of new experiences and so he needs people that can help him work through this so he feels safe but keeps active.
Robert is part of a close loving family. They are fully involved in his life and his sister will be supporting the new team in coming to know him. You will work closely with Robert’s family and the rest of the team to ensure that he makes the successful move to his new home and help him build new routines and opportunities.
Ideally you will be:
- Confident, consistent and calm in approach
- A mature thinker
- Used to working with someone who is blind
- Someone who isn’t self conscious
- Musical, or love music and rhythm
- Someone who likes to have fun but able to give/create quiet when needed
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.