Richard is in his early forties and currently living in a long stay hospital. Beyond Limits are working with Richard to move him back to his own home area in Somerset. He is really looking forward to moving to his new home but is also very anxious. Richard needs a team of staff who are robust and can support him through what is likely to be a difficult time at least initially. Richard has a good idea of the type of people he wants. He needs his team to support him with the challenges he may face when he leaves hospital and in getting used to living in his new home and reconnecting with his community.
Richard needs a mixture of people for his dream team, he has a cracking sense of humour and likes a bit of banter and so he wants some humorous people but he also needs thoughtful people, people who will understand, have empathy for his situation and be there to deal with challenges as they arise. He loves sport, especially Liverpool FC and loves to watch cricket. Richard also loves to cook.
If this strikes a chord with you and you feel you have the experience and skills to do this job, please get in touch.
- Position: Support Workers
- Location: Taunton
- Salary: £9.00 per hour and £60 per sleep in
- Hours: Various up to 37.5 per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Benefits Include: a full 5-day training induction, 7 weeks of annual leave pro rata, career development opportunities and regular support and supervision
- Ref Code: VV/JR
- Closing Date: 4th January 2019
Notes: This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team supporting Richard, where every member will become a specialist in him.
This is a job for experienced people who understand the difficulties and challenges that can occur when people have been institutionalised. Beyond Limits are a cutting-edge organisation and offer great training and opportunities for development for the right staff.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience in working with people with a learning disability and Aspergers
- Be able to work well in a team
- Have excellent communication skills, this is very important to Richard
- Have similar interests to Richard
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have a competent and confident demeanor
- Have good IT skills
- Be able to do shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights and some bank holidays
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.