Sarah is looking for specialist support workers to join her team to support her in her own home in Plympton. Sarah needs a team of staff who are robust and who can support her through tough times, associated with her previous long stays in hospitals. This is a job for experienced people who understand the difficulties and challenges that can occur when people have been institutionalised.
Sarah likes to go out shopping and likes to meet new people, as well as having short breaks away. She likes to spend her evenings writing whilst watching the soaps. You will provide emotional and health support to Sarah, ensuring a state of good wellbeing.
- Position: Support Workers
- Location: Plympton
- Salary: £17,550 per annum (pro-rata) plus £60 per sleep in
- Contract Type: Full time, Part time and Casual
- Benefits: 7 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata), pension scheme and company sick pay (on completion of probation period), full induction programme and regular support and supervision
- Ref Code: MB /HL
- Closing Date: 5th April 2019
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team supporting Sarah, where every member will become a specialist in her. Sarah needs a sophisticated team, who are confident and dedicated to support her through the difficult times as well as supporting her to enjoy life and become a true citizen.
Ideally you will:
- Be a driver and be happy to drive Sarah’s car
- Be able to listen to Sarah
- Have excellent communications skills
- Have an understanding of Celiac disease and diabetes
- Have experience in supporting people that have returned home from hospital
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be a confident person and not phased by difficult situations
- Be able to do shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights and some bank holidays
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.