Amy leads a fun-filled life and is looking to recruit new team members to support her. Amy loves her family and enjoys spending time with them. She also enjoys gaming, music and art, going shopping and socialising. She would like to find others that share the same interests to support her. Amy currently lives in Brighton so her team will need to be able to travel to attend meetings and build a relationship with Amy before her move to Plymouth in July. This will mean overnight stays in Brighton on a regular basis until her move to Plymouth.
- Position: Support Workers
- Location: Plymouth
- Salary: £16,185 per annum (pro rata)
- Hours: 1 x 24 hours 1 x 20 hours and 1 x 17.5 hours working day shifts and waking night shifts
- Contract Type: Variable
- Ref Code: RC/MF
- Closing Date: 5th April 2019
Notes: Beyond Limits has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion both within the organisation and in the service we provide. In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 we encourage applicants from under-represented groups specifically applications from males.
You will support Amy in her own home and encourage her to build on her independence. Amy wants all of her team to have a mature outlook but be fun to be around. You should be supportive of her emotional health and well-being. Amy has many gifts and talents and needs her team to assist her in reaching her full potential.
Ideally you will:
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Be a confident person
- Hold strong boundaries
- Be emotionally resilient
- Have a keen interest in mindfulness
- Be able to use your own initiaitve
- Have good communication skills
- Be someone who can work through difficulties
- Be a positive person and encouraging to others
- Want to make a difference to someone’s life
- Be flexible, able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and some bank holidays
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.