Jack is looking for inspiring and enthusiastic support workers to join his team. Jack is a young man with an endearing personality. He loves swimming, going out in his car to watch people, animals and trains. Jack also enjoys rough terrain walking and adventure areas. Jack is not keen on too much noise or being overloaded with too much information. He likes to have fun and has a great sense of humour. He enjoys people around him that are prepared to be extrovert. Jack needs a team around him that can be open to change however, remain consistent in their approach and follow structured routines.
- Positions: Support Workers
- Location: Whitleigh/Ernesettle
- Salary: £16,185 per annum pro-rata
- Hours: Full time, Part Time, Variable and Casual
- Contract Type: Permanent/Variable
- Benefits: 7 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata), induction programme including care certificate, training and development. Pension scheme
- Closing Date: 31st March 2019
- Ref Code: MT/CS
Notes: Notes: Knowledge of working with someone with an acquired brain injury and Epilepsy would be an advantage. Being a driver is essential.
Jack lives in his own home. He is very close to his family who play a vital role in his life and who are very caring. You will support Jack within his own home and his community, to build on his independence and confidence. You will have a keen interest to support Jack with new adventures. You will provide emotional and health support and explore fresh opportunities so that Jack can build new friendships. Jack has epilepsy and this can impact on how he sees the world around him. Jack needs you to be patient, empathetic and take time to understand him.
Ideally you will be:
- Able to be innovative with a can do attitude
- Enjoy the outdoors, having fun and be self-motivated
- Able to be Jack’s supporter, even when things are difficult
- Confident and able to think on your feet
- Flexible and able to respond to change
- Someone who is resilient and believes in Jack
- Able to build a positive relationship with Jack and his family
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.