June is currently looking for support workers to join her already established team to support her in her own home in Plympton. She likes to keep her house and garden looking nice whilst always looking for new ideas to make it homely.
June is a lady who is caring and sociable, she likes getting out and about meeting new people. She enjoys having her nails and make up done and her hair styled. June is someone who likes to do things with people, not having things done for her.
- Position: Support Workers
- Location: Plympton
- Salary: £16,185 per annum (pro-rata) plus £60 per sleep in
- Contract Type: A variety of contracted hours available
- Benefits: 7 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata), pension scheme (on completion of probation period), full induction programme and regular support and supervision
- Ref Code: JA/HL
- Closing Date: 31st January 2019
Notes: Notes: This position has a "genuine occupational requirement" covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females are requested.
Full driving License required.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team supporting June, where every member will become a specialist in her. June needs a sophisticated team, who are confident and who are dedicated to support her through the difficult times. This is a job for an experienced person who understands the difficulties and challenges that can occur when people have been institutionalised. June needs support workers who will believe in her potential and support her to become to true citizen.
Ideally you will :
- Be a driver and be happy to drive June’s car
- Be able to listen to June
- Have excellent communications skills
- Have an understanding of Celiac disease and diabetes
- Have an interest or knowledge of creative arts groups
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be a confident person and not phased by difficult situations
- Be able to do shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights and some bank holidays
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.