Robert is a man in his fifties looking for support workers to join his team, to support him in his move and new life in his bungalow in Williton. Robert is blind and has a learning disability which means he requires support in understanding the world round about him. He needs people to support him that can be eyes and who understand the impact of his disabilities on his well-being.
- Position: Support Workers
- Location: Williton
- Salary: £16,185 per annum (pro rata)
- Hours: Up to 37.5
- Contract Type: Permanent Full & Part-Time/Casual
- Benefits: 35 days annual leave, personal and career development, award winning pension scheme
- Ref Code: KS/AMc
- Closing Date: 4th January 2019
Notes: These positions have a "genuine occupational requirement" covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from males are requested.
Robert has a great love of music, rhythm and cars. He has a great sense of humour and is fun to be with. He can be fearful of new experiences and so he needs people that can help him work through this so he feels safe but keeps active.
As part of his team you will support Robert to live in his own home. He needs support in all areas of his life including personal care and you will need to complete Robert’s cooking and cleaning on his behalf. You will also work closely with Robert’s family who are fully involved in his life.
Ideally you will be:
- Confident, consistent and calm in your approach
- A mature thinker
- Used to working with someone who is blind
- Someone who isn’t self conscious
- Musical or love music and rhythm
- Caring and empathic
- Someone who likes to have fun but able to give/create quiet when needed
- An excellent communicator
- Willing to learn new skils
- Able to cook, clean and complete laundry.
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.