Amy leads a fun filled life and is looking to recruit a confident Team Leader who can lead her staff team to support her in her own home. Amy would like her Team Leader to be able to hold strong boundaries. She enjoys gaming, going shopping, socialising and loves being with her family. Amy currently lives in Brighton so the team leader will need to be able to travel to attend meetings and build a relationship with Amy before her move to Plymouth in July. This will mean overnight stays in Brighton on a regular basis until her move to Plymouth.
- Position: Team Leader
- Location: Plymouth
- Starting Salary: £18,540 per annum (after successful probation £19,430)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 11th February 2019
- Ref Code: RC/MF
We are looking to recruit a Team Leader who has experience in leadership or the potential to lead. The Team Leader must be forward thinking and be able to demonstrate confidence in leading Amy’s team to enable her to achieve her hopes and dreams. You will also support Amy in her own home to build on her independence and daily living skills. You will provide emotional and health support to Amy and will lead the team in supporting her to explore fresh opportunities and make friendships with people of a similar age and with similar interests.
Ideally you will be someone who:
- Has experience working with people with a learning disability
- Has leadership experience
- Has a recognised qualification NVQ/Diploma, or willing to work towards one
- Is committed to making a difference
- Is able to do shift work including weekends, evenings, nights and some bank holidays
- Has similar interests to Amy
- Has a get up and go attitude
- Has a competent and confident demeanour
- Has good communication and IT skills
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Application form and job description
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.